Rural physicians practicing in Rural Practice Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) communities are eligible to apply for several programs currently offered by the Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues (JSC). These programs are:
- Rural Retention Program (RRP)
- Rural Continuing Medical Education (RCME)
- Recruitment Incentive Fund (RIF)
- Recruitment Contingency Fund (RCF)
- Isolation Allowance Fund (IAF)
- Rural Emergency Enhancement Fund (REEF)
- Rural GP Locum Program (RGPLP)
- Rural GP Anaesthesia Locum Program (RGPALP)
- Rural Specialist Locum Program (RSLP)
The goal of the JSC is to enhance the availability and stability of physician services in rural and remote areas of British Columbia. These programs address some of the unique and difficult circumstances faced by physicians living and/or practicing in these areas.
The rural program information presented on this web site are a brief synopses of rural program information. Physicians should contact their local health authority or the Physician Compensation, Rural Health Programs group within the BC Ministry of Health for official program details, policies, and eligibility criteria.