Submitted by UBC Department of Family Practice
Do you have an idea for how to improve practice, health care delivery or any aspect of community-based primary health care, or health professional education? Then the UBC Clinician Scholar Program may be for you!
We will help you to develop your research ideas into scholarship. Our program includes scholarship related to:
- developing and conducting research
- community engagement
- contributions to education
- knowledge translation
The UBC Department of Family Practice (DFP) is pleased to offer two-year, part-time, Clinician Scholar positions for family physicians in family practice scholarship starting July 1, each year. The Clinician Scholar Program is one of seven across Canada. These positions are Category 1, Enhanced Skills residency positions, accredited by the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC).
- To support the development and enhancement of core scholarship skills
- To cultivate scholarship within family medicine
- To contribute to the knowledge base of family practice and primary health care
- To engage practicing family physicians in conducting scholarly work
- To foster innovative, interdisciplinary, community based scholarship
Eligibility and Selection Process
Applicants must be to BC family physicians who have experience in practice and wish to begin community-based primary healthcare scholarship within, or related to, their practice.
- The applicant will be a member or an applicant for membership in the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- The applicant must be currently living and working in the province of British Columbia, or a current resident in a BC program.
- Previous Clinician Scholars are not eligible to re-apply for funding.
To learn more about the program structure and funding for the Clinician Scholar Program, download the full program brochure now.
If you are interested in applying for this program, download the application form now or contact the Clinician Scholar Program office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. All application components must be submitted no later than midnight, November 30, 2019.