Submitted by UBC Continuing Professional Development
The Shuswap North Okanagan Division of Family Practice, Interior Health and UBC CPD are proud to announce the 3rd iteration of this conference (formerly called the Residential Care Refresher) for healthcare providers involved in long-term residential care. The cost to register this year is lower – sign up now to guarantee your seat!
This year we have returned to a 1.5 day format at the family-friendly Predator Ridge Resort in Vernon, so that you and your family can stay at the resort Saturday night and enjoy the many amenities of the area.
- Keynote: Palliative Care Needs in Long-Term Care: A Person-Centered Approach | Dr. Pippa Hawley, B.Med., F.R.C.P.C. Division Head of Palliative Care, UBC
- BPSD Challenging Case– Frail but Feisty – A Sequential Approach to Dementia- related Aggression/Agitation | Dr. Carol Ward
- Medications in the Elderly | Dr. James McCormack
- Supporting Falls Prevention through a regional approach to Quality and Patient Safety | Dr. Glenn McRae, Lisa Barnard, & Kelly Wilson
- Dermatology Update on Pressure Sores in Long Term Care | Dr. Brian Kunimoto
- CVA Pain | Dr. Jennifer Thomas
Target audience: family physicians, geriatric psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, allied health, social workers, pharmacists, nurse managers, administrators/managers, recreational therapists, and occupational therapists. Anyone involved with and interested in residential care.
Accredited for up to 8.5 Mainpro+/MOC Section 1
An agenda is available online here