Rural physicians living and working in Northern BC have a new resource to support the progress of their rural research. Dr. Dave Snadden, Rural Doctors’ UBC Chair in Rural Health, and Janna Olynick, Research Associate, are now accepting requests from northern BC physicians who hope to or are currently conducting rural research.
Olynick and Snadden have developed an intake form that will help rural physicians identify their specific needs and supports. Whether you have a polished idea in mind, or a collection of data that requires analysis, Olynick and northern BC researchers are available to help clinicians with several research needs:
Services being offered include:
- Consultation on research ideas and interests
- Support with the development of research proposals and ethics applications
- Connection to other trained professionals and experienced researchers
- Advise on study design and the application of statistical methods
- Collection and analysis of data
- Displays/summaries of results through presentations, infographics and publications
This initiative is supported by one-time funding provided by the Joint Standing Committee on Rural issues (JSC).