submitted by Dr. Dave Snadden and Janna Olynick
Are you a rural physician in Northern BC with a good research idea? Do you have a collection of data you’d like to explore but don’t know where to start?
Dr. Dave Snadden, Rural Doctors’ UBC Chair in Rural Health – along with researchers at the University of Northern British Columbia – would like to facilitate your research efforts.
Research services being offered include:
- Consultation on research ideas and interests
- Support with the development of research proposals and ethics applications
- Connection to other trained professionals and experienced researchers
- Advise on study design and the application of statistical methods
- Collection and analysis of data
- Displays/summaries of results through presentations, infographics and publications
The Joint Standing Committee on Rural Issues (JSC) is supporting this work through one-time funding that will allow Snadden to provide resources to rural researchers, and aspiring rural researchers, living and working in small and remote communities throughout the province.
Janna Olynick, a Research Associate at UNBC working with Snadden on this initiative, notes that “collaborative research is important to better support physicians in northern BC and enhance health services for our northern population.” She is keen to work with Northern BC physicians, and has a strong background specializing in quantitative research, including study design and data analysis. Her own work focuses on community health research.