The General Practice Services Committee (GPSC) is looking for two new members to join its Provincial Recruitment and Retention Steering Committee for a 12 month term, beginning in September 2017.
The GPSC’s Call for New Members is open for ONE first or second year UBC family medicine resident, and ONE BC-based family doctor, in the first three years of full service family practice. Prospective committee members should have:
- knowledge of issues facing residents and new to practice physicians in a community-based practice offering longitudinal, general care.
- collaborative and diplomatic skills and experience.
- an understanding of issues for residents and new physicians regarding recruitment, retention, and practice coverage, and an eagerness to make a positive difference for peers across the province.
The Committee is looking for candidates who will ideally add value with practice experience and ideas for:
- smoothing the transition from residency to practice/new models of care.
- optimizing medical student pathways to full-service family practice, with a commitment to longitudinal, comprehensive, coordinated care.
- raising the profile and promoting the benefits of family practice/generalism.
- strategies and tools in response to identified barriers at the community, regional, or provincial level.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents for your application:
- Brief CV
- Applicant Information Form
- Cover letter explaining how you meet the member criteria and your motivation for applying (maximum 2 pages).
Please submit your application to RandRCommittee@doctorsofbc.ca no later than 5pm on Aug 31 2017.
You may direct further questions or request further information about these committee roles directly to RandRCommittee@doctorsofbc.ca