UBC Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD) has launched its revised website (www.ubccpd.ca), offering users an easier and faster navigating experience. The new site features advanced search filters for all courses, calendar and map views, and includes a comprehensive icon-based calendar of events in grid or list modes. Icon-based navigation is also used to help readers find program information directly from a dropdown menu. Readers can now easily access content about UBC CPD’s current programs which include:
- HIV Testing Initiative in Family Practice – provides practitioner education and resources for routine office-based HIV testing in general practice (at present, this program is only available within Vancouver Coastal Health)
- IMG Graduates and Supervisors – provides support to IMGs and their supervisors via the Ministry of Health’s BC Physician Integration Program
- Oncology Education – a range of educational opportunities for practitioners throughout BC, based on the latest guidelines and best practices
- Rural CPD – develops and supports high quality continuing medical education for rural practitioners throughout rural BC
- This Changed My Practice – a made-in-BC website resource that delivers quick summaries of impactful clinical studies, clinical pearls, and practice tips (including new billing codes, drug approvals, etc) from physician colleagues
- Work Disability Program – family physician focused education to support and improve patient care in the field of workplace disability
The site is easily viewed on mobile devices, including tablets and smart phones. Check it out now.
Jan 24 – CME on the Run! Prenatal, Pediatric, and Adolescent (videoconferencing)
Feb 6 – Rural Rounds: Ask a Rheumatologist (videoconferencing)
Feb 8 – 16th Annual Respiratory Medicine Update (Vancouver, BC)
Feb 8 – 10th Annual Hot Topics in Cardiology (Vancouver, BC)
Feb 12 – Webinar: BC Pharmacists – collaborative opportunities (webinar)
Feb 15 – Finding Medical Evidence (Whistler, BC)
Feb 20 – Webinar: Provincial Colorectal Screening Program and Guideline – Perspective for Primary Care (webinar)
Feb 21 – CME on the Run! Internal medicine (videoconferencing)
Feb 26-28 – 49th Annual Post Graduate Review in Family Medicine (Vancouver, BC)
Feb 27– 4th Annual Whistler Anaesthesiology Summit (Whistler, BC)
Events to watch for this spring
This spring, the UBC Rural CPD Program will be launching its Rural Physician Mentoring Program – a 10 month program that pairs experienced rural docs (“mentors”) with up to two physicians who are new to rural practice in BC (“mentees”). Mentors will be provided with training and tools to support their mentoring efforts, and will be paid a stipend for their time and contributions. IMGs, as well as eligible Canadian medical graduates, are invited to apply to become a mentee. This is a Mainpro-C and MOC Section 1 accredited program and there is no registration fee for the pilot program.
The UBC Rural CPD team will soon begin accepting applications for the Rural Physician Mentoring Program. For further information, contact Andrea Keesey at 604.875.4111 x69139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.