Welcome to the inaugural issue of BC Rural Update, an e-newsletter about BC rural health. Each issue will contain:
- links to rural CME/CPD events, including web and rurally-located events
- access to an online rural CME/CPD calendar
- information about JSC rural programs and REAP funding
- interviews with BC rural health practitioners, administrators, and educators
- BC rural health news headlines
Published by the Rural Coordination Centre of BC (RCCbc), BC Rural Update is for everyone involved in rural health: physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, administrators, educators, students, residents, and rural communities. Topics covered will include:
- rural medical practice issues
- successfully recruiting and retaining health practitioners
- accessing rural CME monies, including your community’s reverted RCME funds
- bringing The Shock Course and/or The CARE Course (and other courses) to your rural community
- streamlining billing
- practicing interprofessionally
- improving your rural health preceptor skills
- and much more!
BC Rural Update is free. If you would like to receive monthly issues in your inbox, send an email now with the subject line “subscribe.” Or, click on the RSS feed to receive the latest posts on your mobile device.
Explore the site, comment on the articles, or send us suggestions for a topic or an interview you’d like to see.